Peer to peer groups
The Women’s Peer to Peer Support Service is about group activities in a safe environment for women wanting to gain confidence, independence and connection with other women through peer support.
As a peer participant you will have the chance to:
- choose the types of activities you do in the group
- engage and connect with other women
- share experiences and increase your sense of self-belief
- develop a sense of belonging in your local community
- begin to build new relationships
As a peer facilitator you have the opportunity to:
- co-facilitate peer groups with the support of a member of staff
- attend peer facilitator training
facilitate, with another, your own group
- develop new skills, knowledge and experiences
- give back and support other women
Alongside our peer support groups we also have workshops focused on increasing resilience or self-kindness available at certain times of the year.
The peer groups are open to all self-identifying women.
We have peer groups in Brighton & Hove, in person and online. There is currently a wait to join the Brighton & Hove groups. We will stay in contact with you while you are on the waiting list so do get in touch with us.
We also have an in person peer group running in Shoreham and one in Eastbourne.
For more information please contact:
Women's Peer to Peer Support Coordinator
Tel: 07912 271 084
Women's Menopause Group
A monthly group to share experiences around the menopause.
You may be premature menopausal, perimenopausal, menopausal or postmenopausal. Based on the principles of peer support like empathy, equality and empowerment this space is to share in an open, honest and non-judgemental way.
It’s not about advice or experts but about a mutual exchange of shared experience.
We seek to create a supportive and caring space where you can be yourself and know that you are not alone in this time of your life.
We have limited space. For more information and to register a place please contact:
Women’s Peer to Peer Support Manager
Tel: 07762 893 931